In today’s world, where physical borders have become blurred and your business’ customers may hail from any of the world’s 195 countries, focusing on one “world” language like English to cater to your customers can be a costly mistake. In the face of stiff competition, your business will lose non-English-speaking customers if your customer service does not cater to them. The days of differentiating yourself by solely providing a 24 hour call center are long past. You will only acquire and retain customers if you speak to them in their language by having a multilingual contact center.
Multilingual Support—The Solution
Companies that wish to expand globally and build a loyal customer base overseas must cater to these customers in their native languages by having a multilingual contact center. Multilingual support eliminates communication barriers and errors in translation—open and accurate communication with your customers is only possible in their native languages. You can retain more customers by making them feel like they are dealing with a local company, or a company that values them as a customer, since only 8% of repeat purchasers account for 40% of an average store’s revenue. Having specialized multilingual support in a non-global language—like Finnish customer support for your Finnish customers—can make them feel valued in a way that even the best English customer support cannot achieve. Your multilingual contact center should cater to all the major languages spoken by your customers.
Benefits of Multilingual Support
Multilingual support creates the optimal customer interaction experience at every stage of the sale and after-sales process.
- Greater customer loyalty and positive word of mouth
- Less chances of miscommunication due to language barriers
- Greater customer lifetime value with repeat purchases
- Easier integration into overseas markets with better brand credibility
- Exponential global growth into new markets
- Greater likelihood of converting a query into a sale and a complaint into a resolution
- Successful diversification of risk and smoothening of demand cycles for the business
- Greater competitiveness locally and in the international market
Why Should You Work with a Multilingual Support Services Provider?
- Working with a specialist requires less investment of time and effort and a lower cost than building an in-house team. Taki Skouras, the CEO of international wireless retailer Cellairis, advises working with a support services provider for multilingual support if you don’t have the budget for full-time in-house translators.
- Reliance on experts to establish and manage your multilingual contact center will protect businesses from the pitfalls of expanding globally. They will help you understand the local market and ensure that you comply with local regulations.
Choosing a Multilingual Support Services Provider
A well-informed decision when choosing a provider for your multilingual contact center will guarantee that the positive effect on your business is immediate. The multilingual support services provider should have these characteristics:
It must have agents with native proficiency in more than one language other than English.
It should not have large overhead costs that pay for the VIP culture of upper management.
It must be experienced in providing multilingual support to global companies.
It should be flexible and scalable to a 24 hour call center as the business grows and calls for round-the-clock customer support.
It should have agents specialized in providing support in European languages such as French, German and Finnish customer service.
Call center agents must be experienced with VoIPs, inbound and outbound calling, and resolving customer queries in a timely fashion.
It should have “live” staff that can understand the nuances of customer behavior and respond accordingly.
It should be fast, friendly, and reliable, with proven results.
Multilingual Support at IdeasUnlimited
IdeasUnlimited has more than 8 years of experience in providing multilingual support to clients all over the world. Not only does it check all the requirements above, it customizes a multilingual contact center according to the business’ requirements. Contact us today for a customized multilingual support solution.