Some Tips to Map Virtual Assistance Requirements and Benefits for Your Business
The owner of a home-based catering service was rude to my friend when contacted for order confirmation and delivery date. As a result, my friend cancelled the order despite an explanatory message from the owner that it happened due to fatigue.
Ecommerce Evolution and Entrepreneurship
How many times have you heard something similar or experienced poor customer service or management while dealing with a small business?
It is becoming quite common as every 1 in 5 small business owners reports burn out. Additionally, one of the major reasons for the closing down of a new start up is that the entrepreneur tries to do everything himself/herself and fails to address customer services and marketing adequately. This results in inefficiencies and setbacks.
Today, individuals as well as organizations are engaged to and through technology. Remote work is climbing the workspace trends very fast and one of the most popular remote jobs brought in by technology has been Virtual Assistant Support. The nomenclature makes it seem like a high-flying business requirement only as well as costly. But it is very much a technological boon that can aid in several aspects of ecommerce support and backend support for every business.
If you are struggling in your new venture or thinking of a start up, you will find invaluable tips here regarding how to delegate and whom to delegate to achieve long term success and life-work balance while being cost effective.
Scope of Virtual Assistance
In a nutshell, Virtual Assistance covers a broad spectrum of services which provide a business administrative support as well as operational support. These assistants work remotely, providing expertise and specialized skills to your business. You can hire one for:
- Personal Assistance
- Planning and Scheduling
- Social Media and Email Support
- Accounting and Book Keeping
- Complete Ecommerce Support
- Correspondence Management
- Publishing Services
- Reports Writing and Presentations
- Data Analysis and Spreadsheets
- Research, Marketing, Selling
- Backend Support
- Technical Support
- Reservations and Bookings
- Administrative Support Services
- Project Management
The best part is, you can hire a virtual assistant for every imaginable task specific to your industry and language. A well trained and supervised Multilingual Virtual Assistant can give you optimum productivity and broader reach in international markets. Similarly, an experienced and qualified Administrative Virtual Assistant can help you save time and allow you to focus on important matters while taking care of all scheduling, communication with stakeholders, and other administrative tasks.
Benefits of A Virtual Assistant
From Ecommerce Support to Backend Support to Operational Support, a VA can be the secret weapon for a modern business, whether it is a start up or a growing business. The ease of hiring through a dedicated service provider makes it very feasible to hire a separate VA for each project, or conduct seasonal/hourly hiring, whatever suits your business needs. They provide a dedicated service, while you enjoy total control of your time and resources, confidentiality of data, and hassle-free management of a remote team.
- As 37% of Americans have moved towards telecommuting, and the trend is on rise in the world, the decision to hire a remote worker can introduce you to an amazing and rich talent pool from where you can hire someone for just about any task you wish to be done professionally and in a timely manner.
- Moreover, these skilled workers cost lesser than an in-house assistant. You are not obliged to pay for transportation costs, trainings, holidays, healthcare, or any other benefits.
- You get freedom and flexibility with hiring a Virtual Assistant. You can hire them and let them go according to the needs of your business. You can scale their tasks and hours up and down as well.
- Hiring specialized Virtual Assistants allows to you to get access to a very wide range of skillsets. You can easily get Multilingual Support for your business and even cover different time zones.
Bonus Tip: Remote workers are on average 20% more productive than their counterparts. Contracting a VA through a reliable service provider can ensure trained and supervised staff, which ensures higher productivity.
When to Delegate and What to Delegate
It’s not the 1820s when friends and family would help unconditionally in running your business; you need professional support! Fortunately, it is easier than ever to get it too, but it’s important that you are yourself familiar with your specific needs to select a provider.
- As mentioned before, new business owners either do not feel they have enough work to hire someone else or they believe they can do everything themselves.
- Be proactive and hire yourself a virtual assistant for Administrative Support Services when you find yourself doing low value, repetitive tasks, which keep you away from important planning.
- Similarly, do not over expect from yourself and try to master everything. Instead, hire a specialist for Ecommerce Support and Backend Support for your new business. This will not only save your time and efforts but also keep you relaxed and focused on your key areas.
Bonus Tip: VAs are an expert on the niche they serve. However, no VA comes out of the box for you. A little patience and training about your business can go a long way in establishing the VA as your secret weapon. Or simply contact a support services provider who has a compelling history of successful projects in dealing with global businesses, explain your requirements and then relax!